Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $59.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn impassioned and invaluable guide for actors and students of musical theatre. In Acting Through Song, ? Paul Harvard takes the techniques of modern actor training including the theories of Stanislavsky, Brecht, Meisner and Laban, amongst others and applies them to the fundamental component of musical theatre: singing. With dozens of exercises to put these theories into practice, and numerous examples from a broad range of musicals, the result is a comprehensive and rigorous acting course for those training in musical theatre or already performing, whether amateur or professional, to realise their potential and act better. The most methodical, thorough and practical book on the subject that I've ever read. - Daniel Evans, from his Foreword If you want to maximise your potential in this tough profession, this is t just a must-read - it's your bible. - Stuart Barr There is good advice in this useful and practical book about how to integrate acting and singing - all supported with suggestions for ways of practising and developing skills. - The Stage Revelatory... an important addition to the actors' library... full of good, practical advice. - ReviewsGate.com For anyone wishing to do justice to a musical theatre role, and definitely for those wishing to work in this genre, this guide is a must. - Teaching Drama Magazine Paul Harvard has worked as an actor, musical director and composer at the National Theatre, in the West End, and in regional theatre. He was Head of Musical Theatre at the Urdang Academy, and currently teaches at Arts Educational Schools, the Drama Centre, Rose Bruford College, City Lit and The Centre.
- Author BiographyPaul Harvard has worked as an actor, musical director and composer at the National Theatre, in the West End, and in regional theatre. He was Head of Musical Theatre at the Urdang Academy, and currently teaches at Arts Educational Schools, the Drama Centre, Rose Bruford College, City Lit and The Centre.
- Author(s)Paul Harvard
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- beverlepeart-ku...10 Jun, 2016by
A very readable text book. Well presented and unbiased. A must for teachers and students of stage and music theatre.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.