Acting is Believing by Larry Clark, Kenneth L. Stilson, Charles McGaw (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $199.73+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $244.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that an actor must believe to make his audience believe? This is the key concept behind ACTING IS BELIEVING. Authors Charles McGaw and Larry D. Clark have influenced thousands of actors, and this Twelfth Edition has been completely updated by Kenneth Stilson to inspire today's future acting professionals. New exercises keep the content current and relevant. You'll learn the Stanislavski System and how to perfect using it, and benefit from hundreds of other tips that help you become the flawless actor you are meant to be. The final chapter, Getting the Job, will help you find a job in the acting industry by discussing the latest approaches to auditioning and marketing.
- Author BiographyKenneth L. Stilson is a Professor of Acting, Directing, and Musical Theatre and former Founding Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance in The Earl and Margie Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts at Southeast Missouri State University. As a director, writer, or actor, he has worked in such theatres as the Lincoln Center (New York City), American Academy of Dramatic Art/Hudson Theatre (Los Angeles), Southern Repertory Theatre (New Orleans), Le Petite Theatre (New Orleans), Alabama Lyric Theatre, Stage West Theatre (Ft. Worth), Shakespeare in the Park (Ft. Worth), First Run Theatre (St. Louis), and Missouri's Summer Repertory Theatre. He has also been involved in the Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival and the Mississippi Shakespeare Festival. Over the past 28 years at various institutions, Stilson has directed and trained hundreds of actors, many of whom have gone on to distinguished careers in film, television, and stage, winning several Tony and Obie Awards. He has written numerous award-winning plays and screenplays, as well as published a biography and a range of national and international articles on acting and theatre. Stilson holds both a Ph.D. and M.A. in Theatre from the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he studied under the tutelage of Larry D. Clark. Larry Clark is currently Professor and Dean Emeritus at University of Missouri. He joined the faculty in 1966 as an Assistant Professor of Speech and Dramatic Art. In 1988, after a distinguished career as a teacher of acting and directing, during which he directed dozens of plays, both with his students and for the University of Missouri professional Summer Repertory Theatre, Clark was selected as Dean of College of Arts and Science. During his career as a Professor of Theatre, Clark was active on the national scene and was elected President of all three professional organizations devoted to the educational aspects of theatre. He was an exceptionally well-known figure in the American College Theatre Festival, serving as festival critic for hundreds of plays during its first 20 years. The plays he mounted covered a broad range of dramatic literature from the classics to Sam Shepard. His production of Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? was particularly praised. It starred one of Clark's young students, Tom Moore, who went on to establish a distinguished motion picture career as the popular actor, Tom Berenger. Berenger leads a long list of Professor Clark's former acting students who are now earning their living in motion pictures, the theatre, or both.
- Author(s)Charles McGaw,Kenneth L. Stilson,Larry Clark
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width194 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.