All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionACTION! Interviews with Directors from Classical Hollywood to Contemporary Iran presents nineteen outstanding interviews with directors past and present, from around the world, working in a variety of genres and budgets and production environments from major studios to indie and DIY. The result is a vibrant group portrait of the filmmaking art, a kind of festival in words that explores everything from the ermous creative and personal satisfactions of filmmaking to the challenges and frustrations that range from meddlesome studio heads to state censorship. These articulate auteurs include iconic figures Fellini and Truffaut (in his moving final interview), avant-garde masters Otto Muehl and the Brothers Quay, social critics Barbara Kopple and Allie Light, mainstream mavericks Robert Wise and Douglas Sirk, and eleven others. While their work (and working methods) varies widely, these directors share the status of pioneer and subversive, fighting - sometimes against great odds - to put their unique vision onscreen.
- Author BiographyGary Morris publishes and edits 'Bright Lights Film Journal' and is the author of the monograph 'Roger Corman' (1985) in the prestigious Twayne Theatrical Arts Series.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on World Cinema
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note34+ photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGary Morris
- Introduction byBert Cardullo
- Foreword byJonathan Rosenbaum
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.