Action Research for Democracy: New Ideas and Perspectives from Scandinavia by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary society encounters profound ecomical, socio-ecological and political crises challenging the democratic foundation of our societies. This book addresses the potentials and challenges for Action Research supporting democratic alternatives. It offers a broad spectrum of examples from Scandinavian Action Research showing different openings towards democratic development. The book's first part contributes with a wide range of examples such as Action Research in relation to the Triple Helix/Mode II contexts, to design as a democratic process, to renewal of welfare work and public institutions, to invation policies combining Action Research with gender science. In the second part of the book epistemological and ontological dimensions of Action Research are discussed addressing questions of validity criteria related to Action Research, the transformation of kwledge institutions and the specific character of creativity in Action Research. The book offers a basis for theoretical as well as practical oriented discussions and critical reflections within the field of Action Research and related research orientations, involving a wide range of actors.
- Author BiographyEwa Gunnarsson is Professor Em. at Lulea University of Technology. Hans Peter Hansen is Assistant Professor at the Department of Urban and Rural Development at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and is a member of the division of Environmental Communication. Birger Steen Nielsen is Professor at the Department of Psychology and Educational Studies, Roskilde University, Denmark. Nadarajah Sriskandarajah is Professor of Environmental Communication within the Department of Urban and Rural Development at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Research Methods
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byBirger Steen Nielsen,Ewa Gunnarsson,Hans Peter Hansen,Nadarajah Sriskandarajah
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.