All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fourteenth volume in the Philosophical Perspectives Series explores issues of action and freedom. Original essays by leading scholars include: The Survival of the Sentient, Goal-directed Action:Teleological Explanations, Causal Theories, and Deviance, Alternative Possibilities and Causal Histories, Free Will Remains a Mystery, and From Self Psychology to Moral Psychology.
- Author BiographyJames E. Tomberlin is Professor of Philosophy at California State University, Northridge, where he has taught since completing graduate study at Wayne State University in 1969. He has published more than seventy essays and reviews in action theory, deontic logic, metaphysics, philosophy of language, mind, religion, and the theory of knowledge. Besides editorship of the present series, he has edited Agent, Language and the Structure of the World (Hackett, 1983), Hector-Neri Casteneda, Profiles (D. Reidel, 1986) and he co-edited Alvin Plantinga, Profiles (D. Reidel, 1985).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2000
- Series TitlePhilosophical Perspectives Annual Volume
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width163 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJames E. Tomberlin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.