All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionActivating Diverse Musical Creativities analyses the ways in which music programmes in higher education can activate and foster diverse musical creativities. It also demonstrates the relationship between musical creativities and entrepreneurship in higher education teaching and learning. These issues are of vital significance to contemporary educational practice and training in both university and conservatoire contexts, particularly when considered alongside the growing importance of entrepreneurship, defined here as a type of creativity, for successful musicians working in the 21st century creative and cultural industries. International contributors address a broad spectrum of musical creativities in higher education, such as improvisational creativity, empathic creativity and leadership creativity, demonstrating the transformative possibilities of embedding these within higher music education teaching and learning. The chapters explore the active practice of musical creativities in teaching and learning and recognize their mutual dependency. The contributors consider philosophical and practical concerns in their work on teaching for creativity in higher music education and focus on practices using imaginative approaches in order to make learning more interesting, effective and relevant.
- Author BiographyPamela Burnard is Professor of Arts, Creativities and Education at the University of Cambridge, UK. Recent publications include Musical Creativities in Practice (2012), Teaching Music Creatively (with Regina Murphy, 2013) and Developing Creativities in Higher Music Education (2013). Elizabeth Haddon is Research Fellow at the University of York, UK. She is the author of Making Music in Britain: Interviews with Those Behind the Notes (2006).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note30 bw Illus
- Weight443 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Haddon,Pamela Burnard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.