All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJanet Balaskas led a movement of women who refused to give birth lying down.She has been teaching women about active birth ever since. In this updated and Americanized guide, Balaskas explains how to prepare for and experience a truly natural birth. She leads the pregnant woman through yoga-based stretching exercises and massage practice, and describes the stages of labor and comfortable positions for each, at home or in a hospital.Balaskas has also included a chapter on water birth as well as postpartum exercises.
- Author BiographyJanet Balaskas organized the first Active Birth Conference in London. A mother of four, she has written many books on pregnancy and childbirth. She runs a childbirth education clinic. For more information, please visit Balaskas' website, ActiveBirthCentre.com.
- Author(s)Janet Balaskas
- PublisherHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1994
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.