All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionActive English is a series of activity books for classes 1 to 6 that is firmly based on text types. What makes Active English unique is the special emphasis on critical and visual literacy. The chosen text excerpts are from a variety of mixed text types, both literary and n-literary. The structure and features of each text type are reinforced in each unit of work leading towards independent reading and writing. In each unit, emphasis is given to all language skills with exercises in contextual grammar and spelling. There are also activities to encourage teachers to initiate whole-class discussion. At the end of each unit, there are discretionary, sometimes challenging extension tasks based on applying the text type that is featured in each unit.
- Author BiographyJohn and Jenny Barwick are experienced teachers and widely published authors in textbooks and children's fiction and non-fiction, including the successful English Skills for Primary Students series.
- Author(s)Jenny Barwick,John Barwick
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleActive English
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date06/06/2016
- Weight230 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.