All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionListening is w regarded by researchers and practitioners as a highly active skill involving prediction, inference, reflection, constructive recall, and often direct interaction with speakers. In this new theoretical and practical guide, Michael Rost and JJ Wilson demonstrate how active listening can be developed through guided instruction. With so many new techlogies and platforms for communication, there are more opportunities than ever before for learners to access listening input, but this abundance leads to new challenges: * how to choose the right input * how to best use listening and viewing input inside and outside the classroom * how to create an appropriate syllabus using available resources Active Listening explores these questions in clear, accessible prose, basing its findings on a theoretical framework that condenses the most important listening research of the last two decades. Showing how to put theory into practice, the book includes fifty invative activities, and links each one to relevant research principles. Sample audio recordings are also provided for selected activities, available online at the series website www.pearsoned.co.uk/rostwilson. As a bridge between theory and practice, Active Listening will encourage second language teachers, applied linguists, language curriculum coordinators, researchers, and materials designers to become more active practitioners themselves, by more fully utilising research in the field of second language listening.
- Author BiographyMichael Rost has taught in Togo, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and the U.S. He is currently an instructional designer for Lateral Communications in San Francisco. JJ Wilson has taught in Egypt, Lesotho, Colombia, Italy, the UK, and the U.S., where he is writer-in-residence at Western New Mexico University.
- Author(s)J. J. Wilson,Michael Rost
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleResearch and Resources in Language Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Weight600 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.