Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionActive Playtimes offers over 70 practical, easy-to-follow games and activities to help teachers and school assistants introduce constructive, positive physical play to playtimes. Playtimes are often a neglected part of the school day in terms of encouraging exercise and game playing. Break times account for 90% of bullying and fighting in schools. The structured activities and comprehensive introduction will give teachers and playground supervisors the information and inspiration they need. Each activity is clearly explained and illustrated, and the introduction is a comprehensive guide to organising and managing children at playtimes. Every staff room should have a well-thumbed copy!
- Author BiographyRoger Hurn was a full-time teacher, deputy headteacher and headteacher from 1972 to 1996, covering the entire primary age range. From 1987 to 1988 he was the ILEA Teacher Fellow, lecturing students and practising teachers on various elements of primary education at Greenwich University. He then set up an educational software company and educational consultancy business and has acted in an advisory capacity to the Home Office and the Children's Directorate on how to promote a positive attitude in shcools.
- Author(s)Roger Hurn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteBlack and white line drawings throughout
- Weight386 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.