All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientists and engineers use computer simulations to study relationships between a model's input parameters and its outputs. Thorough parameter studies are, however, challenging, if t impossible, when the simulation is expensive and the model has several inputs. To enable studies in these instances, the engineer may attempt to reduce the dimension of the model's input parameter space. Active subspaces are an emerging set of dimension reduction tools that identify important directions in the parameter space. This book describes techniques for discovering a model's active subspace and proposes methods for exploiting the reduced dimension to enable otherwise infeasible parameter studies. Readers will find new ideas for dimension reduction, easy-to-implement algorithms, and several examples of active subspaces in action. This book is intended for researchers and graduate students in computational science, applied mathematics, statistics, and engineering.
- Author BiographyPaul G. Constantine is the Ben L. Fryrear Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics and Statistics at Colorado School of Mines. He received his PhD from Stanford's Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering and spent two years as the von Neumann Fellow at the Sandia National Laboratories' Computer Science Research Institute. His research interests include uncertainty quantification and dimension reduction for large-scale computer simulations.
- Author(s)Paul G. Constantine
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Weight200 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.