All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSufferers of chronic pain well kw the frustration of treatments involving endless rounds of drugs or expensive physical therapy--that may or may t offer relief. In Acupressure Taping, authors Hecker and Liebchen present a comprehensive guide to a new method of pain treatment--acutaping--which offers a much simpler and more effective alternative. In acutaping, elastic tape is placed over the afflicted area in accordance with related acupuncture points. During the course of rmal movement throughout the day, the elastic tape provides a gentle but consistent massage to the inflamed area. Because the skin adheres to the tape, it is shifted against the subtissue during motion, causing lymph tissue to drain and connective tissue to be massaged. The authors show that most bodily dysfunctions can be self-treated through this invative method. Combining elements of Chinese medicine with osteopathy, acutaping produces a method of treatment for ailments ranging from back pain and tennis elbow to menstrual pain and migraines. Acutaping is an easy and effective treatment--without side effects--that offers welcome relief to sufferers of chronic pain.
- Author BiographyHans-Ulrich Hecker, M.D., is an internationally known expert in acupuncture and Chinese medicine. He is a lecturer in naturopathy and acupuncture at the University of Schleswig-Holstein in Germany and the author of numerous books translated into many languages. Kay Liebchen, M.D., is an orthopedist who specializes in pain therapy, acupuncture, and acutaping. He teaches chirotherapy at the Dr. Karl Sell Medical Seminar and is the coauthor of numerous textbooks. The authors live in Germany.
- Author(s)Hans-Ulrich Hecker,Kay Liebchen
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication24/04/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note117 four-color illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.