Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionUntil recently, endocrilogy and critical care medicine were two specialties in medicine that were rather uncomfortable with each other and hence quite i- lated. Fortunately, these two 'alien' disciplines have joined forces in successful attempts to perform high quality research in order to clarify the unkwn. By integrating endocrilogy in critical care medicine, or vice-versa depending on the specialty of the observer, new experimental and clinical data on the complex endocrine and metabolic derangements accompanying n-endocrine severe i- nesses came available which generated important vel insights with relevant clinical implications. In addition, the state of the art diagsis and management of primary endocrine diseases that represent life-threatening situations leading to ICU admission has been updated. This issue of Contemporary Endocrilogy aims at compiling the new ?ndings. The book indeed covers both areas of 'Acute Endocrilogy' that are often taking care of at very distant sites within hospitals. The ?rst part deals with the classical life-threatening illnesses caused by primary endocrine diseases such as thyrotoxicosis, hypothyroidism, acute adrenal crisis, acute calcium disorders, pheochromocytoma, severe hyper- and hypoglycemia . The second part looks at endocrilogy from the ICU side, starting with a g- eral overview of the dynamic neuroendocrine and metabolic stress responses in the condition of intensive care-dependent, n-endocrine critical illness.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/09/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Endocrinology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, biography
- Weight636 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGreet van den Berghe
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.