All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionFrom reviews: This new book by Dr O'Kane is a very useful and interesting book directed towards Medical registrars but also with many positive features for anyone from Medical Student to Consultants...[It] works through groups of emergencies according to speciality and organ grouping. This is helpful as it enables the reader to link the different differentials together well. It also tries to signpost all the different conditions in relation to the Acute Medicine and General Internal Medicine curriculums. There is also an excellent section on fluid prescription, outlining what each fluid option contains along with potential fluid prescriptions in relation to the daily needs of the human body. Each clinical problem is presented in a clear and logical format, beginning with the things to ask or think about when receiving a referral - much as junior doctors would do in a real clinical situation. The book also includes an excellent 'general management' section, which covers important aspects of the assessment of mental capacity and considerations to make when discharging a patient - things which are often poorly taught in other settings. All of the clinical procedures are described in some level of detail - t eugh to learn to do the procedure but eugh to signpost as well as getting the reader to think about why it is needed and any associated risks. - Journal for Acute Medicine, October 2015 O'Kane's Acute Medicine 2015 is a fantastic text for any doctor regardless of their grade. However, it is of particular use to the junior hospital doctor. The book covers a huge array of pathology and kwledge in a succinct and accessible way with easy to use chapters with superb explanations throughout. I am currently working in A+E and have found this book invaluable. In particular the chapters covering procedures and the excellent formulary have helped me on several occasions. All of this is accentuated by the size of the book, which is genuinely pocket sized. This book is an essential text for all junior doctors. - A junior hospital doctor Acute Medicine is written for registrars, junior doctors and medical students working on the wards. It is a current and concise guide to hospital emergency medicine which provides: * detailed management of acute medical and surgical emergencies, including in pregnancy * general ward management issues * descriptions of key procedures * rmal laboratory values * drug formulary covering the common drugs you will use every day. It is t just a list of instructions, but contains detailed pathophysiology and useful clinical pearls. It is designed to be carried round in a pocket for easy reference.
- Author(s)Declan O'Kane
- PublisherScion Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBloxham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScion Publishing Ltd
- Width102 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.