Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $220.37+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.95+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by rachell
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is written as a comprehensive overview of acute pain management. It is designed to guide clinicians through an impressive array of different options available to them and to patients. There has been a flurry of interest in the extent to which acute pain can become chronic pain, and how we might reduce the incidence of such chronicity. This overview covers a wide range of treatments for pain management, including the anatomy of pain pathways, the pathophysiology of severe pain, pain assessment, therapeutic guidelines, analgesic options, organization of pain services, and the role of anesthesiologists, surgeons, pharmacists, and nurses in providing optimal care. It also discusses the use of patient-controlled analgesia and how this may or may t be effective and useful.
- Author BiographyDr. Raymond Sinatra is Professor of Anesthesiology at the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr Oscar A. de Leon-Casasola is Professor of Anesthesiology and Chief of Pain Medicine in the Department of Anesthesiology of the Roswell Park Cancer Institute. His research interests include advances in analgesic therapy, physiology and pharmacology of epidural opioids, perioperative surgical outcomes, thoracic and cardiac anesthesia, acute pain control, and chronic cancer pain. He is a member of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia, American Society of Anesthesiologists, New York State Society of Anesthesiologists, American Pain Society, and Eastern Pain Association. Dr de Leon-Casasola has authored or co-authored 115 journal articles, abstracts, and book chapters. He serves as an associate editor for the Latin American Journal of Pain, the Argentinian Journal of Anesthesiology, the Journal of the Spanish Society of Pain, and the Clinical Journal of Pain. He also is editor-in-chief of Techniques in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management and was listed as an exceptional practitioner by Good Housekeeping Magazine in 2003. Dr Brian Ginsberg is Professor of Anesthesiology and Medical Director in the Division of Acute Pain Therapy in the Department of Anesthesiology of Duke University School of Medicine. Dr Eugene Viscusi is Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and the Director of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management in the Department of Anesthesiology at Thomas Jefferson University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note67 b/w illus. 2 colour illus. 110 tables
- Weight2230 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byBrian Ginsberg,Eugene R. Viscusi,Oscar A. DeLeon-Cassasola,Raymond S. Sinatra
- Foreword byHenry McQuay
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.