Acute and Critical Care in Adult Nursing by Jane James, Dave Barton, Desiree Tait, Catherine Williams (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $96.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $207.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps adult nursing students to competently manage care of critically and acutely ill patients, and to recognise and deal with the early signs of deterioration. Taking a practical real-life approach to care, each chapter focuses on patients with specific problems, and then interweaves the kwledge and skills needed to care for that patient.
- Author BiographyDesi Tait is senior lecturer and Year leader for BSc Nursing in the Faculty for Health and Social Care at Bournemouth University. Desi has over 30 years experience in the practice, theory and education of adult acute and critical care nursing and facilitates critical care education at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. She has a particular interest in the use of blended learning strategies in critical care undergraduate education and is involved in developing and evaluating innovative ways to facilitate student learning by adopting a practice based approach to education. Desi completed her doctorate in the study of nurses' experience of recognizing and managing clinical deterioration in patients in hospital in 2009 and this continues to be an area of clinical interest. Jane James is a Senior Lecturer, module leader for acute care and Admissions Tutor in Adult Nursing at the College of Human and Health Sciences, Swansea University. Jane's nursing career began in 1980, working in critical care and medical nursing. Her main role as a nurse tutor is in pre-registration nursing, supporting students throughout the adult programme. She has a particular involvement in clinical skills, with an emphasis on simulation and practical scenarios, and she is also module leader for specialised adult practice. She is also involved in post-registration teaching in critical care and discharge planning; and acts as admissions tutor for the pre-registration adult nursing programme. Catherine Williams is the programme Director for undergraduate nursing at the College of Human and Health Sciences, and has over 14 years' experience in the practice, theory and education of postgraduate and undergraduate level. David Barton is now retired and was formerly Associate Professor and Academic Lead in the Department of Nursing, School of Human & Health Science, Swansea University. David qualified as an RGN at Kings College Hospital and then specialised in critical care nursing. He worked in Intensive Care in both Carmarthen and Swansea before becoming a Nurse Lecturer at the University of Wales Swansea in 1989. David's academic and scholarly interests have focused particularly on advanced clinical nursing and he has worked to develop nursing networks in Wales and the UK. He is the Chair of the Association of Advanced Nursing Practice Educators (AANPE), and is actively involved with the Modernising Careers agenda at a strategic level both in Wales and nationally. He has also published widely in journals and textbooks. Recently David has taken the lead in managing the Department of Nursing at Swansea University, promoting the educational and research agenda students at pre and post registration level, and from undergraduate to doctoral level. Throughout his career as a lecturer he has maintained his clinical practice, working regularly in Intensive Care.
- Author(s)Catherine Williams,Dave Barton,Desiree Tait,Jane James
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width170 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.