Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWit and engaging language lighten the heavy subject matter of the poetry in this collection, based on a former ad man's true-life experiences of redemption and a developing conscience after leaving the advertising business. The poems take on the world of consumerism and address issues such as overconsumption, commercialism, mental health, spirituality, politics, the environment, and global justice. Poet Sai Murray makes powerful connections between the mopoly capitalist control of global commerce, the threats of the food industry to human health, and the danger to the increasingly fragile ecology of the planet. He utilizes a variety of styles--from autobiographical confessions and dramatic mologues to parodies of the language of the Red Tops, cliches of political rulers, and Facebook trivializations of community--to express his desire to cauterize the deceits of language and to convey his vision of a world with equality, liberty, and fraternity.
- Author BiographySai Murray is a writer, a poet, an artist, an activist, and a graphic designer. He is the creative director of Liquorice Fish, a facilitator for SHAKE!, and the communications director for Leeds Young Authors. He runs regular creative writing workshops and mentoring sessions with Artists in Mind. He is the author of Kill Myself Now: The True Confessions of an Advertising Genius.
- Author(s)Sai Murray
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.