All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLots of laugh-out-loud humor, perfectly satirizing state tests, overzealous parents, and kids who are in danger of being enriched to death. SCHOOL AND LIBRARY JOURNAL For overprogrammed middle-grader Adam Canfield, waking up to a sw day is a dream come true a chance to sleep late, put off planning the next issue of THE SLASH, and make some quick cash with his shovel. But the dream turns into a nightmare when some high-school kids mug Adam for his shoveling money. Then t only does the media blast the embarrassing story, but Adam s own co-editors plan a contest outing bullies at their school. In a second look behind the scenes at a middleschool newspaper, Michael Winerip deftly blends kid-friendly humor with some provocative issues, including the subtle effects of class and racism and the thrill that comes from speaking truth to power.
- Author BiographyMichael Winerip is the author of ADAM CANFIELD OF THE SLASH. A Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter and columnist for the NEW YORK TIMES, he lives in Lido Beach, New York.
- Author(s)Michael Winerip
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAdam Canfield of the Slash
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight286 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.