All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late eighteenth century, the political ecomist Adam Smith predicted an eventual equalization of power between the conquering West and the conquered n-West. Demonstrating Smith's continued relevance to understanding China's extraordinary rise, Arrighi examines the events that have brought it about, and the increasing dependence of US wealth and power on Chinese imports and purchases of US Treasury bonds. In the 21st century China may well become again the kind of n-capitalist market ecomy that Smith described, under totally different domestic and world-historical conditions.
- Author BiographyGIOVANNI ARRIGHI is Professor of Sociology at John Hopkins University, USA. His books include The Long Twentieth Century, and his work has appeared in many publications, including New Left Review.
- Author(s)Giovanni Arrighi
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteill
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.