All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionU.S. Army direct and organizational level leaders faced challenges in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, which combined to create an environment permeated by ambiguity and replete with uncertainty. Although it may be impossible to predict future operational environments, it is likely that adversaries will continue to apply asymmetric warfare against the U.S. to attenuate her superiority in conventional warfare. The purpose of this mograph is to determine whether U.S. Army direct and organizational level leaders are equipped with the competency to adapt successfully in asymmetric environments. Doctrine cant progsticate the exact nature and form of asymmetric conflict, but it can forecast traits and conceptual kwledge required for leaders to maintain the initiative and dictate the terms of the operation. Emerging leadership doctrine should include adaptability as a competency consisting of five components. These components are: maintain situational awareness, kw yourself and the adversary, take intelligent risks, exercise mental agility and demonstrate strength of character. Furthermore, the definition of adaptive leadership requires revision. This research posited a working definition: the capacity to recognize and respond to changing situations and variable circumstances within the operational environment and to proactively take steps to maintain the initiative and dictate the terms of the operation.
- Author(s)Joseph L Wyszynski
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight100 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.