All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
About this product
- DescriptionAdaptable Architecture provides thought-provoking and inquisitive insights into how we can prolong the useful life of buildings by designing them to be more adaptable, and hence create a more sustainable built environment. The book provides a theoretical foundation counterpointed by the experiences and ideas of those involved in the design and use of buildings. It explains many approaches to designing for change, with lessons from history, and case studies including The Cedar Rapids Public Library, Kentish Town Health Centre and Folkestone Performing Arts Centre, which stretch our thinking beyond the conventional tions of adaptability. The authors reveal the many conditions that make it a complex design phemen, by considering the purpose, design and business case of buildings as well as the physical product. Full of summaries, diagrams, reference charts, tables, and photos of exemplar solutions for use as conversational tools or working aids, this book is for any professional or student who wants to research, question, imagine, illustrate - and ultimately design for - adaptation. In addition, further information and resources are available through the Adaptable Futures website www.adaptablefutures.com which includes additional case studies, videos, information about industry events and up-to-the-minute developments.
- Author BiographyRobert Schmidt III is an architect and academic. He is Senior Lecturer in Architecture at Loughborough University, UK, a visiting researcher at Chongqing University, China, and the founder of Idapu, a design and research practice. His recent work has focused on urban transformation strategies, architectural education and practice models. Simon Austin is Professor of Structural Engineering at Loughborough University, UK. His research interests include 3D printing, concrete materials and structures, building systems, workplace design and design management. He co-founded Adept Management, an international consultancy specializing in design and engineering management.
- Author(s)Robert Schmidt,Simon Austin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note40 colour tables, 97 colour illustrations, 115 colour line drawings
- Weight1054 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.