All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Canada and around the world, new concerns with adaptive processes, feedback learning, and flexible partnerships are reshaping environmental governance. Meanwhile, ideas about collaboration and learning are converging around the idea of adaptive co-management. This book provides a comprehensive synthesis of the core concepts, strategies, and tools in this emerging field, informed by a diverse group of researchers and practitioners with over two decades of experience. It also offers a diverse set of case studies that reveal the challenges and implications of adaptive co-management thinking.
- Author BiographyDerek Armitage is a professor in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. Fikret Berkes is a professor and Canada Research Chair at the Natural Resources Institute at the University of Manitoba. Nancy Doubleday is a professor in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at Carleton University.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2007
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSustainability & the Environment
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Noteapprox. 4 maps, 15 figures, 23 tables
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDerek Armitage,Fikret Berkes,Nancy Doubleday
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.