All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNatural resource governance is critical for linking poverty reduction and sustainable natural resource use. This book brings together authors from various disciplines with extensive field experience to promote an integrative understanding of cross-scale and adaptive governance in Africa and Latin America. The authors make the case for reaching beyond decentralization to promote adaptive governance that serves local priorities, but through interactions with local, district, national and global governance structures. The book focuses on the governance of common pool resources such as forests, wildlife, water, carbon and pasture resources in both Africa and Latin America. This book will appeal to development practitioners and scholars concerned about the conservation of natural resources and the sustainable development of communities. It synthesizes experience with the governance of different natural resources from a broad geographic perspective. It also provides theoretical and practical suggestions for taking adaptive natural resource governance forward, including participatory methods for measuring and monitoring governance.
- Author BiographyGrenville Barnes is a Professor of Geomatics in the School of Forest Resources and Conservation at the University of Florida, USA. Brian Child is an Associate Professor in the Department of Geography and Center for African Studies at the University of Florida, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarthscan Studies in Natural Resource Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBrian Child,Grenville Barnes
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.