All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe current volume brings together social psychological theories and concepts and discusses their relevance to understanding substance use and addiction. It identifies convergence points between traditional perspectives on addiction and social psychological theory and research. This coexistence, which ackwledges the value of the conceptual and methodological advancements in each relevant field and attempts to integrate them, promotes scientific understanding and a more effective prevention and treatment of addiction.
- Author BiographyCatalina E. Kopetz (PhD, University of Maryland, 2007) is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Wayne State University. Her research focuses on the mechanisms that underlie multiple goal pursuit and management of goal conflict and their implications for phenomena of high public health relevance (i.e. overeating, substance use, risky sexual behavior, drunk driving). She has published in prestigious journals spanning social and clinical psychology, prevention sciences, psychopharmacology, behavioral and brain sciences, as well as journals appealing to a broader audience such as Perspectives in Psychological Science, Current Directions in Psychological Science, and Psychological Review. Her research has been funded by the National Institutes of Health (including NIDA and NIAAA). Carl W. Lejuez (PhD, West Virginia University, 2000) is the Director of the Center for Addictions, Personality, and Emotion Research and Professor of Psychology at the University of Maryland. Dr. Lejuez's research is translational in nature; he uses laboratory methods to understand mechanisms of addiction and seeks to apply this information in the development of novel assessment and treatment strategies. His research spans the clinical domains of addictions, personality pathology, and mood disorders, and he is most interested in the common processes across these conditions. Lejuez's research has been funded continuously by NIH (including NIDA, NIAAA, NCI, and NIA) since 2002 and he has published over 200 papers (10,000 citations according to Google Scholar). He is the founding editor of the Journal Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment and serves on the editorial board of five other journals including Clinical Psychology Review and Psychology of Addictive Behaviors.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleFrontiers of Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarl W. Lejuez,Catalina E. Kopetz
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.