All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a morphosyntactic description of the Amharic language. Amharic belongs to the Semitic language family and is one of the most widely spoken languages in Ethiopia. The aims of this book are to describe Amharic morphosyntax using the concepts of contemporary grammar formalisms, such as Dependency Grammar, Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar and Lexical Functional Grammar. Further it presents the results of the application and evaluation of different natural language processing tools and techniques, such as finite state morphological analysis, unification-based formalisms, transfer-based machine translation systems, and machine learning techniques, to the Amharic language. This publication is of interest to students and researchers in computational linguistics. Specifically, it benefits those with a special interest in the morphosyntactic description and/or computational treatment of Semitic languages, in general, and Amharic, in particular.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Sisay Fissaha Adafre holds a B.Sc. in Statistics (1992) and a M.Sc. in Information Science (1995) from the Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia, and a Ph.D. (2004) in Applied Linguistics from the University of Saarland. He has eight years of research and teaching experience and has published a number of articles in the field of computational linguistics. Currently, he is a researcher in Informatics Institute at the University of Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Sisay Fissaha Adafre
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- Series TitleSabest Saarbrucker Beitrage Zur Sprach- Und Translationswissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.