All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionHistorically, leftwing accounts of injustice focused primarily on ecomic harms, such as poverty, exploitation, and inequality. Recently, however, with the collapse of Communism and the rise of identity politics, attention has turned toward cultural harms, such as cultural imperialism, misrecognition, and disrespect. New challenges for the left are raised: How to do justice to the legitimate claims of multiculturalism without abandoning the left's historic - and still indispensable - commitment to ecomic equality? How to broaden the understanding of injustice by adding (cultural) insult to (ecomic) injury? Adding Insult to Injury traces the debate sparked by Nancy Fraser's controversial effort to combine the social politics of equality and the cultural politics of difference, while probing the tensions between them. The volume contains Fraser's influential essay From Redistribution to Recognition? ; critical responses by Judith Butler, Richard Rorty, Iris Marion Young, Anne Phillips, and Rainer Forst; and Fraser's rejoinders to them.
- Author BiographyNANCY FRASER is Professor of Political Science in the Graduate Faculty of the New School for Social Research and the co-editor of the journal Constellations. Her books include Justice Interruptus: Rethinking Key Concepts of a Postsocialist Age and Unruly Practices: Power, Discourse and Gender in Contemporary Social Theory. KEVIN OLSON is Assistant Professor of Political Science at University of California. He is the author of a book entitled Reflexive Democracy: Political Equality and the Welfare State.
- Author(s)Nancy Fraser
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Volume editorKevin Olson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.