All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSame book, new look! Cover updated in July, 2014.AUTHOR: Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in physics from Oklahoma State University and currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He developed the Improve Your Math Fluency series of workbooks to help students become more fluent in basic math skills.CONTENTS: This practice book is designed to help students first memorize and then develop fluency with their basic addition facts - i.e. adding numbers between 0 and 10. This book is conveniently divided up into four parts: Part 1 features a single number so that students can master one number's addition facts at a time.Each problem in Part 2 has at least one addend that is larger than 6, allowing students to concentrate on smaller numbers first.Similarly, the problems of Part 3 have at least one number as large as 6.Part 4 is a mixture of all addition facts with numbers from 0 thru 10.An introduction describes how parents and teachers can help students make the most of this workbook.An addition table is provided to help students who are just learning their addition facts. PRACTICE: This is a practice workbook geared toward practicing problem-solving skills. As such, it consists of worksheets with practice problems in the spirit of old-fashioned practice sheets. This is suitable for students who need to practice basic skills, and is effective for many students. It is t one of the modern math textbooks that are designed to entertain bored students.PHOTOCOPIES: The copyright tice permits parents/teachers who purchase one copy or borrow one copy from a library to make photocopies for their own children/students only. This is very convenient if you have multiple children/students or if a child/student needs additional practice.
- Author BiographyChris McMullen is a physics instructor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He earned his Ph.D. in phenomenological high-energy physics (particle physics) from Oklahoma State University in 2002. Originally from California, he earned his Master's degree from California State University, Northridge, where his thesis was in the field of electron spin resonance. As a physics teacher, Dr. McMullen observed that many students lack fluency in fundamental math skills. In an effort to help students of all ages and levels master basic math skills, he has published this Improve Your Math Fluency Series of math workbooks on arithmetic, fractions, and algebra.
- Author(s)Chris McMullen Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.