Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDespite differences in frequency, causation, and infectivity, adevirus epithelial keratitis and Thygeson's superficial punctate keratitis (TSPK) are often confused in clinical practice owing to the similarity between adevirus epithelial infiltrates and 'coarse' epithelial TSPK lesions. This book presents the morphological features, dynamics, and sequelae of adevirus and Thygeson's keratitides captured at high magnification in the living human cornea. It thereby fills the existing void between conventional photographs and slit-lamp observations. Case reports demonstrate the importance of patient history in differential diagsis, illustrate the need for familiarity with early manifestations of adevirus infections, and assist in the diagsis of rare variants of TSPK. Furthermore, the detailed observations on the natural course of the diseases ensure that the book will serve t only as a diagstic tool but also as a reference when evaluating the effects of potential new treatments.
- Author BiographyHelena M. Tabery gained her MD from the University of Lund, Sweden in 1972 and thereafter undertook ophthalmologic training at the Eye Clinic, Malmo University Hospital UMAS, Sweden (1973-1975) and the Eye Department of Dr. Karl Lisch in Worgl, Austria (1975-77). Dr. Tabery has been an accredited Specialist in Ophthalmology since 1975. Between 1977 and 1989 she was a clinical teacher at the Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden. Since 1989 she has worked as a Specialist in Ophthalmology at the Eye Clinic, Malmo University Hospital UMAS, Sweden.
- Author(s)Helena M. Tabery
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight680 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.