All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionNowadays, adipose tissue is t only regarded as an organ of storage related to fuel metabolism but also as an endocrine organ involved in the regulation of insulin sensitivity, lipids and energy metabolism. These proceedings cover the nervous regulation of both white and brown adipose tissue mass. Different physiological parameters such as metabolism (lipolysis and thermogenesis) and secretory activity (leptin and other adipokines) are reviewed. The plasticity of adipose tissue (proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis) showing the presence of a neural feedback loop between adipose tissue and the brain, which plays a major role in the regulation of energy homeostasis, is discussed. Merging basic kwledge and various clinical conditions, this thorough review is of great interest to both scientists and physicians, in particular pediatricians, interested in obesity, endocrilogy and nutrition.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEndocrine Development
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note11, 11 fig., 3 tab.
- Weight530 g
- Width188 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byC. Levy-Marchal,L. Penicaud
- Series Edited byP. E. Mullis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.