All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionEnsure that you hire and supervise the best adjunct faculty. Using the models in this resource, you'll be equipped to provide your adjunct faculty with support and pedagogical assistance. Highlights include the important connection between teaching quality and effective hiring, orientation, acculturation, and professional development practices for adjunct faculty.
- Author BiographyDESNA L. WALLIN is an assistant professor in the Department of Lifelong Education, Administration, and Policy at the University of Georgia. She has more than 25 years of experience in community and technical colleges. She began her career as an adjunct instructor at Lincoln Land Community College. She subsequently became a tenured instructor, served as dean of transfer, general studies, and developmental programs, and as vice president for academic affairs. She accepted the presidency of Clinton Community College in 1989 and served for six years before assuming the presidency of Forsyth Technical community College, where she served for an additional six years. She is the author of numerous articles and chapters, a coauthor of Essentialism: Common Sense Quality Improvement (American Association of Community Colleges, 1994) and author of The CEO Contract: A Guide for Presidents and Boards (American Association of Community Colleges, 2003). An active leadership consultant, she is currently working with various state organizations and the American Association of Community Colleges to provide leadership development seminars and workshops for faculty and administrators in community technical colleges. Dr. Wallin is an honors graduate of Brigham Young University. She earned her master's degree in English education at Eastern Illinois University and her Ed.D. in curriculum and instruction from Illinois State University.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJB-Anker
- Place of PublicationBolton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnker Publishing Co
- Out-of-print date23/12/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDesna L. Wallin
- Foreword byGeorge R. Boggs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.