Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.30+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdministrative Law provides a sophisticated but highly accessible account of a complex area of law of great contemporary relevance and increasing importance. Written in a clear and flowing style, the text has been radically reorganized and extensively rewritten to present administrative law as a framework for public administration. After an exploration of the nature, province, and sources of administrative law as well as the concept of administrative justice, the book briefly discusses the institutional framework of public administration. The second part of the book deals with the rmative framework of public administration, starting with a general discussion of administrative tasks and functions and then examining in some detail rms relating to administrative procedure and openness, decision-makers' reasoning processes and the substance of administrative decisions. The next topic is the private law framework provided by the law of tort, contract, and restitution. The third part of the book provides an account of institutions and mechanisms of accountability by which the framework of public administration is policed and enforced: judicial review and appeals by courts and tribunals, bureaucratic and parliamentary oversight, and investigations by ombudsmen. This part ends by considering how these various mechanisms fit into the administrative justice system. The final part of the book explores the functions of administrative law and its impact on administration.
- Author BiographyFor 20 years Peter Cane taught law at Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Since 1997 he has been a research Professor of Law at the Australian National University in Canberra. He is a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy and has written extensively on English and Australian administrative law. Other books include The new Oxford Companion to Law edited with Joanne Conaghan (OUP, 2008). He has taught comparative administrative law at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Peter Cane
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleClarendon Law Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight592 g
- Width146 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.