All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe lay-up of adobe bricks is an easy, forgiving way to achieve a solid masonry-wall system. Contrary to stereotypes, adobe is perfectly adaptable for use in cold, wet climates as well as hot and dry ones, and for areas prone to earthquakes. With its efficient use of energy, natural resources for construction, and minimal effort for long-term maintenance, it's clear that the humble adobe brick is an ideal option for constructing eco-friendly structures throughout the world. The book is ideal both for first-time do-it-yourselfers and for experienced adobe builders seeking to improve their craft. Drawing on the experience of more than fifty major adobe projects since 1993, Adobe Homes for all Climates describes Adobe Building Systems' patented reinforcement and scaffolding systems, showing readers how to construct adobe homes more easily and safely, and with superior strength, durability, structural integrity and aesthetic appeal, as compared to earthen homes of the past. All aspects of adobe construction are covered, including making and laying adobe bricks, installing lintels and arches, conduits and pipes, doors and windows, top plates and bondbeams, ideal wall dimensions, adobe finishes, and other adobe construction components, such as the inexpensive use of scaffolding. These methods will produce a premium product that will meet and often exceed inspection standards. Equipped with this manual, you will be able to make adobe bricks swiftly, and confidently lay them up. You will be able to beautifully finish your adobe walls with earth plasters creating stunning colours and outstanding light effects and create a beautiful, energy-efficient home that will last for generations to come.
- Author BiographyLisa Morey Schroder has a Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering and Management as well as a diploma in Architectural Design. She worked alongside Ogletree for five years before founding Adobe Building Systems, LLC. She has been involved in the design and planning stages of dozens of adobe homes and has years of hands-on experience in all aspects of adobe construction. Schroder lives with her husband and two children in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Lisa Schroder,Vince Ogletree
- PublisherChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Date of Publication06/09/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Content Notefull colour photos throughout and b&w plan drawings
- Weight626 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.