All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescence is a turbulent period to live through, and a time of importance and concern to parents, teachers, and social workers. Marking the transition from the world of childhood to adult life, the adolescent faces many challenges and opportunities, including forming their own identity, relating to often conflicting demands from parents and peers, and negotiating first romantic relationships. In this Very Short Introduction, Peter K. Smith provides an engaging and informative overview of what we kw and what we are learning about adolescence. Including both a guide to the classical research that has informed our kwledge, as well as the results of the modern research into the contemporary adolescent experience, Smith examines a number of aspects of adolescence, including the cultural and historical context, the biological changes to the adolescent brain, and the controversies that adolescence brings. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Author BiographyPeter K Smith is Emeritus Professor of Psychology at the Unit for School and Family Studies, Goldsmiths, University of London, U.K. He is author of Children and Play (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010) and Understanding School Bullying: Its Nature and Prevention Strategies (Sage Publications, 2014). He is co-author of Understanding Children's Development (Wiley-Blackwell, 5th ed. 2011), and co-editor of the Handbook of Childhood Social Development (2nd ed., Wiley-Blackwell, 2010) and Cyberbullying through the new media: Findings from an international network (Hove: Psychology Press, 2013). He is currently Principal Investigator of a European-Indian Network Project on Bullying, Cyberbullying, and School Safety and Wellbeing (2012-2015).
- Author(s)Peter K. Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8 black and white illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width114 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.