All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescence is often portrayed as an age of particular risk. Adolescents are t only considered a risk to themselves, but also to the rest of society. As a society, we are nervous of them, and consider them vulnerable, yet the seeds of successful and independent adult life are laid down in adolescence, and they need all the help and support that they can get at a challenging time. Adolescents at Risk: Against the Odds looks in depth at some of the key risks faced by adolescents, and at some of the ways in which they can be alleviated. The book is structured according to the operational challenges the research informs.
- Author BiographyDr John Coleman O.B.E is Founder of the Trust for the Study of Adolescence. He has written widely in this field, and is the former editor of the Journal of Adolescence. He is a Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Educational Studies, University of Oxford. Dr Ann Hagell is Co-Director of the Policy Research Bureau, an independent social policy centre focusing children, families and at-risk adolescents.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleUnderstanding Adolescence
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight408 g
- Width167 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnn Hagell,John Coleman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.