All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Adolescent Girls Who Are Suicidal, David A. Jobes demonstrates his integrative, problem-solving approach to working with female adolescents who have contemplated or attempted suicide. Suicide attempts by adolescent girls are three times as frequent as those by boys. Most teenage girls with suicidal ideation have identifiable psychological, social, or familial problems that can be helped by careful assessment and treatment, thus eliminating the need for suicide. Dr. Jobes's approach emphasizes building an alliance with the client, attending closely as she talks about her problems and feelings, and inspiring the client's motivation to pursue psychological and behavioral change. In this session, Dr. Jobes works with a teenage girl who is emotionally hurt and contemplating escape through suicide. Dr. Jobes helps her begin to realize the difference between suicide as a comforting fantasy versus a scary and deadly reality.
- Author(s)David A. Jobes
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleChildren & Adolescents APA Psychotherapy Video Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight79 g
- Running Time100
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.