All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to serve as a ready reference of illustrative case scenarios for clinicians dealing with adolescents in office practice. It includes special issues concerning adolescence such as growth, puberty, academic performance, romantic relationships and gender-related aspects. Sexual and reproductive health issues can have lifelong repercussions as many of them are neglected or hidden due to various social and emotional reasons. These include cases related to menstrual problems, teenage pregnancy, contraception, particularly emergency contraception. Sexual abuse is under-reported and cases have been included in this book to create awareness. A stable happy home is a protective factor that prevents adolescents from adopting high-risk behaviours and overcoming peer pressure. Dysfunctional family settings result in negative effects such as poor academic performance, substance abuse, sexual promiscuity, etc. All these aspects have been covered in detail. Metabolic syndrome and obesity are important issues in this era of lifestyle disorders. The Dermatology section includes common problems such as acne, which can create havoc in the minds of teenagers. Ophthalmic cases include the computer vision syndrome, use of contact lenses and LASIK surgery. This book would be an invaluable guide for those in practice.
- Author BiographySwati Y. Bhave, a former professor of Paediatrics, is a nationally and internationally known expert in Adolescent Health. She holds important positions in international paediatric and adolescent associations and has also worked as member of WHO committees on adolescent health. She has written many other books on this subject.
- Author(s)Swati Y. Bhave
- PublisherByword Books
- Date of Publication20/11/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintByword Books
- Out-of-print date03/12/2016
- Weight862 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.