All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome adolescents seem to act as if they have a volca inside -- always on the verge of erupting into anger. They often generate discord and have combative relationships with parents, care givers and other adults who work with them. Adolescent Volcaes is a practical resource for adults working with adolescents and their parents to help them understand, express and manage their anger. Featuring interactive worksheets and handouts throughout, it explores the causes of anger, focusing t only on the adolescent, but also on styles of parenting and situations at home that can exacerbate these feelings, and suggests ways to tone down confrontations and improve relationships. It describes models that explain the dynamics of arguments, such as 'power analysis' and 'positive intentions'. It also explains anger management tools such as 'escalators', 'time out', 'emotional awareness', 'triggers' and the 'four-part phrase'. By improving emotional management and communication, this resource will help adolescents to understand how to reduce attacking behaviour and turn their anger into something positive. Adolescent Volcaes can be used as the basis of counselling sessions and incident management. It will be invaluable for counsellors, teachers, youth workers and social workers who work with adolescents.
- Author BiographyWarwick Pudney is a relationship therapist and social ecologist who has spent the last 25 years working with men, couples and families in New Zealand. He specialises in the areas of anger, abusive behaviour, men's welfare and parenting. He is a lecturer at AUT University in Auckland and writes and gives workshops and training courses in his chosen fields. Eliane Whitehouse was a primary school teacher and psychotherapist for over 25 years. As a therapist she specialised in family relationships and 'Happier Parenting' courses. She also published novels for children. Together they have written A Volcano in My Tummy: Helping Children to Handle Anger and Little Volcanoes: Helping Young Children and Their Parents to Deal with Anger.
- Author(s)Eliane Whitehouse,Warwick Pudney
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight752 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byMax G. Abbott
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.