Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in investigations conducted over the past 25 years, Adolescents' Self-Discovery in Groups demonstrates how adolescents can become more active in society based on how they form, maintain, and evaluate groups. By collaborating with youth in a wide range of communities, Thorkildsen details the trajectory of adolescents' development-from a primarily self-oriented perspective to beliefs about and participation in local and global activities. Focused especially on the potential of schools for catalyzing this development, this volume details youth's affirmations and critiques of educational practices, and uses these evaluations to illustrate adolescents' readiness to fulfill leadership responsibilities. Written for scholars, students, and professionals seeking to understand how adolescents construe their social worlds, Adolescents' Self-Discovery in Groups makes a powerful case for group interaction being central to adolescent development.
- Author BiographyTheresa A. Thorkildsen is a Professor of Education and Psychology at the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
- Author(s)Theresa A. Thorkildsen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.