All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescents in Public Housing incorporates data from multiple public-housing sites in large U.S. cities to shine much-needed light on African American youth living in n-HOPE VI public-housing neighborhoods. With findings grounded in research, the book gives practitioners and policy makers a solid grasp of the attitudes toward deviance, alcohol and drug abuse, and depressive symptoms characterizing these communities, and links them explicitly to gaps in policy and practice. A long-overdue study of a system affecting t just a mirity of children but the American public at large, Adolescents in Public Housing initiates new, productive paths for research on this vulnerable population and contributes to preventive interventions that may improve the lives of affected youth.
- Author BiographyVon E. Nebbitt is an associate professor at the Jane Addams College of Social Work at the University of Illinois at Chicago. His research focuses on mental health symptoms and health-risk behavior among African American adolescents living in urban public-housing developments. Dr. Nebbitt's work also assesses the protective effects of self-efficacy, parental monitoring, and social cohesion, which promote resilient functioning among youth living in urban public housing.
- Author(s)Von E. Nebbitt
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note17 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.