All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany types of security techlogies are currently in use, with biometrics being one of the latest and most cutting-edge forms that has been produced for mass application. Biometrics, while intriguing, is often broached with hesitation and poor understanding. Adopting Biometric Techlogy: Challenges and Solutions advocates increased implementation of biometric techlogy areas of the world where it has been least accepted, particularly in the United States. This book looks at several specific applications of biometric techlogy, challenging issues that have obstructed the use of biometrics in security and offering realistic solutions for increasing its worldwide utilization. It is divided into three sections, with the first discussing societal barriers against the adoption of biometric techlogy in security. The second section presents case studies of specific applications, such as e-passports and e-voting, that have already been implemented and could be expanded into regions where usage is low. The third section lays out a case for the general practicality and value that biometrics offers to relevant business sectors, including the benefits of implementing the currently controversial techlogy in place of the conventional forms of verification. While biometric techlogy has been poorly accepted and adopted in the United States as well as other developed nations, it is already a popular tool in developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Eastern Europe. Adopting Biometric Techlogy examines the societal resistance hindering the broader usage of biometrics and provides practical solutions for overcoming those barriers while showing how its increased application would be overall advantageous.
- Author BiographyRavindra Das is the owner of BiometricNews.net, Inc., a technical communications and biometrics consultancy firm based in Chicago, Illinois. He has been a technical writer for more than 15 years and has been published worldwide.
- Author(s)Ravindra Das
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series Title100 Cases
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $22.76Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.