All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionLook through Bendik Kaltenborn's kaleidoscopic glasses and glimpse the world the way he sees it: a vibrantly colourful planet populated by lumpy, big-sed people totally absorbed in their own off-kilter personal dramas. Adult Contemporary is a collection of odd imaginings, surrealist comics, and physical comedy gags from Kaltenborn, a New Yorker and New York Times illustrator. People scramble around in a world they don't understand, happy as can be. An author finds unexpected and lethal love in his own garden. A marriage is threatened by soup. Drunk old men quarrel about literature in the witching hour. A con details a small and silly bank robbery from the 1980s. CEOs do push-ups. Norwegian cartoonist Bendik Kaltenborn's Adult Contemporary reads as homage to the art of mid-twentieth century cartooning and absurdist sketch comedy. His characters pace about like Groucho Marx, pratfall like Dick Van Dyke, and mug like Jim Carrey. His virtuosic gift as an illustrator and designer shines through in these pages; indisputable in the multiplicity of styles he employs, and in the immediate appeal of the book as a whole. From extended, off-beat jokes about obxious businessmen to gorgeous full-page gag illustrations, Adult Contemporary is always able to find something to laugh at.
- Author BiographyBendik Kaltenborn (b. 1980) studied art in Oslo and Stockholm, after which he began a career in contemporary art, graphic design, animation, illustration, and comics. In 1997, he and Kristoffer Kjolberg cofounded the Dongery zine collective. He has published two collections of comics in Norway, which have been translated into French and Spanish and are coming out in German and Swedish as well. Kaltenborn has exhibited in Norway, Italy, Serbia, Taiwan, Sweden, Japan, and the United Kingdom, and his client list includes the New Yorker, the New York Times, Google, and Todd Terje.
- Author(s)Bendik Kaltenborn
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication12/10/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width269 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.