All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first in the new ALA Programming Guides series, this book walks you through the process of program development and event planning in two parts. The first section is a how-to that prepares you to: -- Conduct demographic analysis and target the audience in your community-- Tie your library's mission to specific program offerings-- Raise funds and generate publicity-- Produce programs that run smoothly from start to finishThe second section features more than 20 five-star programs from around the country. Reading about a variety of successful programs from film series and book discussions to art classes and topical panels, you'll be inspired with ideas for your own programs. Packed with more than 30 sample talking points, surveys, newsletters, press releases, scheduling tools, and checklists, you can hit the ground running and bring your adult programming services to life.
- Author BiographyBrett W. Lear is Library Manager at the Jefferson County Public Library in Lakewood, Colorado. He has been actively involved in developing adult programming services since serving as Adult Librarian at the New York Public Library. From 1995-1999, he served on the Reference and User Services Association's Services to Adults Committee and in this capacity contributed to Adult Programming: A Manual for Libraries (RUSA, 1997). Lear received his master's degree in library science from Florida State University.
- Author(s)Brett W. Lear
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleALA Programming Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Out-of-print date20/06/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.