All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive textbook for students in advanced social work and mental health courses is w completely revised and updated for a new generation When Adult Psychopathology: A Social Work Perspective was first published in 1984, this pioneering text was the first to conceptualize and organize theory and practice about the treatment of the mentally ill within their families and communities from a social work perspective. Now, in response to new developments in theory and research, as well as changes in service delivery within the field, the second edition contains updated and accessible information on how mental illnesses develop and how they can be treated within a social work framework that recognizes the importance of family, ecomics, and culture as well as biochemical and psychodynamic factors. Each chapter is written by the leading social work authority on that subject and includes practical, in-depth discussion of state-of-the-art techlogies, treatments, and research. The book encompasses the broad spectrum of topics that social workers need to understand, including personality, adjustment, schizophrenia, suicide, anxiety states, phobias, neurological disorders, psychosexual disorders, drug and alcohol addiction, eating disorders, and others. Adult Psychopathology, Second Edition is essential for both M.S.W. and Ph.D. social work students and, as the authoritative, unequaled reference book, will aid clinicians in making more precise diagses in their daily work.
- Author BiographyFrancis J. Turner, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus at Wilfrid Laurier University in Toronto. He is the editor of several Free Press books, including Social Work Treatment, Fourth Edition, and Differential Diagnosis and Treatment in Social Work. He is also Editor in Chief of International Social Work. He lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Professor Emeritus Francis J Turner
- PublisherFree Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.