Adult Teaching and Learning: Developing Your Practice by Sue Cross (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $58.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to teaching and learning in the real world. [The author] encourages us to understand current theories about how people learn, and can best be helped to learn, while urging us to question our assumptions, recognise the importance of context, and reflect on our own understanding of what it means to be an adult learner. John Field, Professor of Lifelong Learning and Co-Director of the Centre for Research in Lifelong Learning, University of Stirling, UK This book is an essential guide to developing your practice in adult teaching and learning. Key features include: Exploration of key theoretical issues which are related directly to real learning contexts Practical ideas and suggestions to promote the development of teaching practice in new ways Conceptual tools for reflective practiceInformed by the author's rich theoretical kwledge and practical experience of the field, this book encourages you to reflect on your own personal practice and understanding. In this way, it re-frames the teaching and learning process and puts the focus on the professional character of the teacher, recognising the extent to which the personal approach adopted by individual teachers shapes learning experiences. Through the use of case studies and examples drawn from a wide variety of learning environments it promotes a dynamic and engaging approach and encourages you to experiment with new ways of teaching. These examples are ideal for new teachers facing the daunting prospect of engaging, motivating and challenging their learners in their first teaching roles. For the more practically experienced, it presents a vital stimulus to reflection for the purposes of professional development or accredited study. This thoughtful book is important reading for anyone with the responsibility for the learning of adults whether a student, new teacher or experienced professional.
- Author BiographySue Cross is Head of Adult Learning and Professional Development at University College London, UK. She is a chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and a qualified MBTI(R) practitioner of long experience.
- Author(s)Sue Cross
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight600 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.