All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses aircraft flight performance, focusing on commercial aircraft but also considering examples of high-performance military aircraft. The framework is a multidisciplinary engineering analysis, fully supported by flight simulation, with software validation at several levels. The book covers topics such as geometrical configurations, configuration aerodynamics and determination of aerodynamic derivatives, weight engineering, propulsion systems (gas turbine engines and propellers), aircraft trim, flight envelopes, mission analysis, trajectory optimisation, aircraft ise, ise trajectories and analysis of environmental performance. A unique feature of this book is the discussion and analysis of the environmental performance of the aircraft, focusing on topics such as aircraft ise and carbon dioxide emissions.
- Author BiographyDr Antonio Filippone's expertise is in the fields of computational and experimental aerodynamics, flight mechanics, energy conversion systems, propulsion systems, rotating machines (helicopter rotors, propellers, wind turbines), systems engineering, and design and optimisation. He has published more than eighty technical papers, ten book chapters and two books, including Flight Performance of Fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft (2006). Dr Filippone has been at the University of Manchester since 2000. Prior to this appointment, he was a research scientist at the Technical University of Denmark where he also received his PhD degree in 1996 for his research on rotor blade aerodynamics. He started his career at Riso National Laboratories, in Denmark, working on the aerodynamics of wind turbines.
- Author(s)Antonio Filippone
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Aerospace Series
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note337 b/w illus. 69 tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.