All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis advanced undergraduate textbook is based on a one-semester course on single variable calculus that the author has been teaching at San Diego State University for many years. The aim of this classroom-tested book is to deliver a rigorous discussion of the concepts and theorems that are dealt with informally in the first two semesters of a beginning calculus course. As such, students are expected to gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental concepts of calculus, such as limits (with an emphasis on epsilon-delta definitions), continuity (including an appreciation of the difference between mere pointwise and uniform continuity), the derivative (with rigorous proofs of various versions of L'Hopital's rule) and the Riemann integral (discussing improper integrals in-depth, including the comparison and Dirichlet tests). Success in this course is expected to prepare students for more advanced courses in real and complex analysis and this book will help to accomplish this. The first semester of advanced calculus can be followed by a rigorous course in multivariable calculus and an introductory real analysis course that treats the Lebesgue integral and metric spaces, with special emphasis on Banach and Hilbert spaces.
- Author BiographyTunc Geveci is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics at San Diego State University. His main publications have been in the fields of partial differential equations, numerical analysis, and the calculus of variations and optimal control.
- Author(s)Tunc Geveci
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 77 colour illustrations, 78 colour tables, biography
- Weight754 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.