Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.40
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionStarting out from the fundamentals, this book covers the chemistry and physics of ceramic materials, as well as their behavior and resulting properties, including bio-inspired approaches and microstructural aspects. As such, it presents production methods as well as the scientific background, teaching all important mathematical methods: classical, quantum-mechanical, phemelogical, and model-based approaches. Further emphasis is laid upon the current state of the art and possible developments and challenges within the near future.
- Author BiographyFritz Aldinger is the former Director of the Powder Metallurgic Laboratory at the Max Planck Institute for Metal Research and of the Institute for Nonmetallic Inorganic Materials (INAM), both in Stuttgart, Germany. He has published 600 scientific contributions in professional journals and books since 1995. He carried out research at the MPI and paid a visit to the Franklin Institute Philadelphia, USA, in 1970. From 1978 to 1992, he held several positions in industry, most notably at W. C. Heraeus GmbH in Hanau and Hoechst AG in Frankfurt, where he led Central Research with some 900 employees.His main fields of interest is microstructure design based upon powder technologies and powder-free technologies including biomineralisation. Volker Achim Weberruss is the Head of a scientifically oriented project office. As physicist, scientist, and book creator he has been working for several Institutes of the University of Stuttgart and the Max Planck Institutes for Metal Research and Solid State Research, both monographs. His current research activities are aiming at the development of basics of future technologies.
- Author(s)Fritz Aldinger,Volker A. Weberruss
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication24/03/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1108 g
- Width180 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.