Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Composite Materials for Aerospace Engineering: Processing, Properties and Applications predominately focuses on the use of advanced composite materials in aerospace engineering. It discusses both the basic and advanced requirements of these materials for various applications in the aerospace sector, and includes discussions on all the main types of commercial composites that are reviewed and compared to those of metals. Various aspects, including the type of fibre, matrix, structure, properties, modeling, and testing are considered, as well as mechanical and structural behavior, along with recent developments. There are several new types of composite materials that have huge potential for various applications in the aerospace sector, including nacomposites, multiscale and auxetic composites, and self-sensing and self-healing composites, each of which is discussed in detail. The book's main strength is its coverage of all aspects of the topics, including materials, design, processing, properties, modeling and applications for both existing commercial composites and those currently under research or development. Valuable case studies provide relevant examples of various product designs to enhance learning.
- Author BiographyDr. Sohel Rana is currently Scientific Head at the Fibrous Materials Research Group at the University of Minho, Portugal. He has edited 3 books and authored 1 book and over 90 publications in various refereed journals and conference proceedings. Prof. Raul Fangueiro is currently Professor and researcher in the School of Engineering at the University of Minho, Head of the Fibrous Materials Research Group and Director of the Fibrenamics International Plataform. He has more than 110 published papers in international scientific journals, 320 conference publications, 36 books and 14 patents.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication11/05/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight900 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRaul Fangueiro,Sohel Rana
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.