All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text includes coverage of important topics that are t commonly featured in other textbooks on condensed matter physics; these include surfaces, the quantum Hall effect and superfluidity. The author avoids complex formalism, such as Green's functions, which can obscure the underlying physics, and instead emphasizes fundamental physical reasoning. This text is intended for classroom use, so it features plenty of references and extensive problems for solution based on the author's many years of teaching in the Physics Department at the University of Michigan. This textbook is ideal for physics graduates as well as students in chemistry and engineering; it can equally serve as a reference for research students in condensed matter physics. Engineering students in particular, will find the treatment of the fundamentals of semiconductor devices and the optics of solids of particular interest.
- Author BiographyLeonard M. Sander is Professor of Physics at the University of Michigan. His research interests are in theoretical condensed matter physics and non-equilibrium statistical physics, especially the study of growth patterns.
- Author(s)Leonard M. Sander
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note55 b/w illus. 77 exercises
- Weight770 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.