All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe power engineering domain is facing huge challenges, with an increasing interest in intermittent renewable energies which are imposing major technical limitations. Operating ever closer to their limits, the industry-standard AC power grids are subject to instabilities. This book presents an insight into DC grid systems, offering interesting issues to well controlled power grids, in contrast to current AC systems which provide the simplest and most ecomic connection method for short distances.
- Author BiographyAbdelkrim BENCHAIB received his PhD from the Automatic Systems Laboratory, Picardie University, France, in December 1998 and in 2014 his HDR (French post-doctoral degree allowing its holder to supervise PhD students) from Paris-Orsay University. He joined ALSTOM in July 2000 where he is a power quality and smart grid project leader. Abdelkrim is seconded to work with the SupeGrid institute where he is an R&D group manager for real-time strategies for super grids protection,control and dispatch. His expertise and research interests include automatic control, power network, power electronics, power quality and smart grids issues as well as DC grid. Abdelkrim BENCHAIB is the control chapter chairman of the European Power Electronics and Drives (EPE) Association. Through the Control Chapter, Abdelkrim will be organizing events (seminars, workshops, conference, etc) and influencing technical exchanges to facilitate greater industrial/academic partnerships and to encourage the exchange of ideas to promote a greater understanding of Control and its future. In addition to his influencing role with EPE, Abdelkrim is also part (expert) of the French Evaluation Agency for Research and Teaching (AERES) . Abdelkrim BENCHAIB is associate Professor at the CNAM (Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers) teaching wind energy and power network.
- Author(s)Abdelkrim Benchaib
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight406 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.